Monday, February 11, 2013

He won't leave...

Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.
Hebrews 13:5b

Sometimes it's so hard for me to comprehend/recognize/TRUST just how much God loves me. He wants us to live for Him and to shine our light and our love of Christ everyday and always.

Earlier tonight I was at my friend's house (she's more like my counselor, mother, friend and mentor all mixed into one fabulous woman) and doing some of the Beth Moore Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman Bible study that we have been working on together.

One of the quotes that really struck me was about becoming more like Christ. Which actually was something my pastor spoke to yesterday he said we are becoming 'little Christs'. On page 38 Beth writes, "Even those most serious about their pursuit of God and godliness fail to be perfect examples all the time. That's why God is busy conforming us into the the likeness of Christ alone."

Amazing. Grace. That's just it. God takes our mistakes and makes them into something beautiful. Even when we are trying to live Godly lives and be lights in this world (and trust me it can be SO hard sometimes!) --- we ARE -- most definitely -- going to make mistakes, and fail. But God loves us NO MATTER WHAT. Simple enough.

We do need to ask for His forgiveness, but he will never say, "Not this time Megan" or, "That mistake you made is too awful for me to forgive", and "I cannot forgive you." NEVER will he say that. I am overwhelmed with joy by this!

We are going to make mistakes. We are going to fail. BUT we don't have to fall down because of those things. God has unending love for each one of us.

Now this idea of God never leaving is something that I've really REALLY REALLY struggled with recently, and I'll share another time about the reasons why. But on the way home tonight (which is literally a 1 minute drive from my friend's house to my house) I heard the song Times by Tenth Avenue North. Simply beautiful. I've heard this song so many times, but God knew I needed to hear it tonight.




I don't care where you've fallen
Or where you have been
I'll never forsake you
My love never ends


No comments:

Post a Comment