Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Renew...

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2


My very good friend, Becky, recently wrote about Sticky Thoughts...  (She's AMAZING by the way!) But she really got me thinking. About the thoughts I have about failing and falling short of the glory of God. There are times when TRY (so very hard) to do the right thing for Him and I don't. I can totally relate to Paul when he writes about this in Romans 7:14-25.

The ability to renew my mind and not let those sticky thoughts stay sticky is key. 

The enemy wants me to be discouraged. Wants me to think I'm unlovable and not worth it and incapable of doing the right thing. He wants me to fail. He tempts me and tricks me into believing his lies. If I practice telling myself truths, he'll literally bombard my mind with lies. And so with all my mistakes, failures, and sins I allow the enemy to give birth to these negative thoughts that overcome me and I can't get away from them.

When this happens all I can do is this:

Rely on God.
Make progress. 
Don't get stuck.
Little by little.
Change my thoughts.  (Don't let them stay sticky!)
Don't get discouraged. 
Seek forgiveness from God and from myself.
Know that change will come. 

And when I fail again, don't let it destroy me. Just have hope.

Hope that God knows what He is doing. 
Hope that these failures will bring me closer to Him.
Hope that He loves me no matter what. 
Hope that even though I don't deserve this --
that He is right here with me wrapping His arms around me and lifting my head up. 

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby, that He may remain with you forever. 
John 14:16


1 comment:

  1. I SO needed this today. Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete