Thursday, February 28, 2013

Take heart...

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. 
In this world you will have trouble. 
But take heart! I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

I have recently been struggling with understanding how to rely on God alone with my personal struggles. He has been so gracious to me through this by showing me just how much He has done for me. When I used to be encountered by some hurt or trial, I would been rely on myself to help me get through it, but in all reality letting Him have it gives my heart so much peace.

This world thinks that independence is what you need to survive, but God tells us differently. We are to have complete dependence on Him. Now, for me, this is quite hard. I think I grew up believing I needed to be able to do things on my own because it would make me a better person. I was completely wrong. I need HIM! I need Him to pull me out of my yucky stuff. My fears, anxieties, worries and troubles. I need to keep holding on to the fact that he is in complete control.

He is I Am. 
He is Creator.
He is Redeemer.
He is comforter.
He is Healer.

God alone is my strength. He gives me strength to endure the trials. "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." James 1:2-3

Perseverance -- persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement. Webster Dictionary

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry

This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is a God who provides
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved o f more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames
And I will bring praise, I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare

God is my victory and He is here.



No comments:

Post a Comment